Wednesday 21 October 2009

Pistyll Rhaeadr Waterfall

I couple of weeks ago I visited Pistyll Rhaeadr Waterfall in Powys in Wales. It was a great morning out and I really enjoyed the new challenge of photographing a waterfall.

At 240 ft (74 metres) tall, it's the highest waterfall in Wales & England. Here are some photos I took whilst at the waterfall. Although it is the highest waterfall in Wales and England I decided to focus just on the pools at the base of the waterfall as they gave me something to focus on, on such tall waterfall.

Pistyll Rhaedr Waterfall Smaller
A portrait photo of the Pistyll Rhaeadr Waterfall. In this photo I cropped it, boosted the contrast, adjusted the hue and saturation to bring out the greens and yellows and sharpened it a little to bring out the detail on the rocks.

Pistyll Rhaedr Waterfall
Another portrait photo of the Pistyll Rhaeadr Watrerfall. Again I cropped it increased the contrast a bit, adjusted the hue and saturation to bring out the greens + yellows and sharpened it to bring out the detail on the rocks.

So what do you think? Have you ever visited Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall?

9 comments:

Mr McWood 22 October 2009 at 13:26  

Just happened across your post and wanted to compliment you on your picture of Pistyll Rhaeadr.

I visted the falls earlier this year, what a great location. Shame my picture turned out nothing like yours.

Well done.

sbunting108 22 October 2009 at 13:36  

Thanks alot Woody!

mfo 4 November 2009 at 17:36  

wow! these are amazing photos!
wish I could visit this nice waterfalls, but I'm too far away from the U.K :(

sbunting108 5 November 2009 at 15:40  

Thanks and thats unfortunate for you :(

Art Courses 18 February 2010 at 16:10  

It is really a nice and beautiful place, I wish I could see it personally, Someday..

SOOn

jose calderon fotografias 8 August 2010 at 03:50  

preciosas fotos

fil PREMIUM 25 October 2011 at 03:17  

Very beautiful photos, thanks for sharing with us!)

Marta 8 November 2011 at 02:50  

I admire very beautiful photos! incredible!

Murash 2 February 2012 at 07:17  

That's good post

Connect With Sbunting108

You can connect with me at Twitter - Simon Bunting Photography